Menzies stars put forward for awards
27 October 2020
Back in July we invited you to nominate the shining stars of Menzies, so that the very best could be submitted to this year’s Pride of Ground Handling Awards. And you answered the call! We received more than 70 nominations and, with the help of our judging panel, agreed to put seven of them forward for awards.
Our seven entries to the 2020 GHI Pride of Ground Handling Awards are…
- In the Best Station category: Melbourne and Guam
- For the Unsung Hero award: Victor Diaz GSE Manager based in Orlando
- Ramp Safety award for individuals or teams: David Badillo and the Risk Team
- For Best Cargo Handling Operation award: Melbourne
- GSE Innovation award: the Guide Pole project, developed in Norway.
Every individual, station and project team that was nominated will receive a certificate, and we’ll be publishing stories about the seven hopefuls over the next few weeks. Keep an eye on WeAreMenzies.com for those!
Final winners will be announced at the annual GHI conference in December, so keep your fingers crossed for Menzies.