Cookies are small text files, which often include a unique identifier that is sent by a web server to your computer, mobile phone or any other internet enabled device (“device”) when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work efficiently and help provide us with business and marketing information to enable us to make informed decisions on the development of our websites. We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We use three main types of cookies:
- ‘Performance’ cookies
- ‘Identification’ cookies
- ‘Targeting’ cookies.
1. ‘Performance’ cookies are used to help us see how you use our Website e.g. which pages you visit. These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve the performance of our Website, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is. We use performance cookies to analyse the performance of our Website, to help us improve the Website by measuring any errors that occur and to see how effective our adverts are (this isn’t shared with 3rd parties). Sometimes cookies are managed for us by third parties, but we don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above. By using our Website, you accept the use of ‘Performance’ cookies.
2. ‘Identification’ cookies are used to help us customize website content based upon your selections. We use identification cookies to remember choices you have made such as identifying yourself as an IFA or Adviser, to show you when you’re logged in to the website and to target you with adverts on other websites. You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may mean you are unable to access certain features or services. Preventing these cookies may stop us remembering that you didn't want a specific feature or service. By using our Website you accept the use of 'Identification' cookies.
The Website also has Social Interaction links (such as Facebook or YouTube). Menzies Aviation does not control any cookies that may be sent when using these external websites. For more information on these it is advised to check their cookies policies.
At any point, you have the right to request that we do not process your personal information for any marketing purposes.
You can opt-out of the Google Display Advertising Features and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ad Settings. As an added privacy measure, you can also use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. However, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this Website.
To remove other cookies from your PC, you can use these guides:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835#/en-us/kb/278835
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=en_GB
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Cookie Directive: http://www.ico.gov.uk
- Information about cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Internet Advertising Bureau: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu
We utilise a number of different cookie variations that serve a number of different functions. These tables identify the types of cookies that we use and why we use them.
This Website uses Google® Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Website interact with how users use the Website. On behalf of the operator of this Website Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity and providing other services relating to Website activity and internet usage to the Website operator. The IP address collected through Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
Google is a registered trademark of Google, Inc. Google, Inc. is not affiliated with Menzies Aviation, nor does it sponsor or endorse Menzies Aviation products or services.
USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Information collected by our cookies will not personally identify you. It does, however, identify your computer and connection to the Internet. We only collect general information about your computer settings, connection to the Internet (e.g. operating system and platform), IP address, browsing patterns, and interactions within our Website.
With regards to Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, we may use data from Google's Interest-based advertising and/or third party audience data (e.g. age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to target and optimise our marketing campaigns, strategies and our Website content.
COOKIES WE USE
The table below summarises the cookies we use on this site to help make sure our website delivers information and services securely. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of the 'SQ_SYSTEM_SESSION' cookie. It is essential to the effective performance of our site and without it, you wouldn't be able to move around our website or use its features.
|Squiz matrix session||SQ_SYSTEM_SESSION||These session cookies allow the site to identify a unique user visit. These do not contain any human readable personal data and are used for website functionality. They expire after a browser session.||Session|
|Google Analytics||_ga||Tracking cookie for analytics.js. Used to distinguish users.||After 2 years|
|Google Analytics||_gat_UA||Tracking cookie for analytics.js. Used to throttle request rate.||After 10 mins|
|Google Analytics||_gid||Tracking cookie for analytics.js. Used to distinguish users.||24 hrs|
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Please be aware that this Policy may be updated at any time. As such, please ensure that you regularly read the latest version of this page.